The Technical University Teachers Association of Ghana (TUTAG), Koforidua Technical University Chapter organised a special meeting for its active members and those that have gone on retirement from January 2017 to February 2021.
Citations were read out and presented to each retiree at the beautiful ceremony that took place on Thursday, 1st April 2021, at the Abba Bentil Andam Theatre at Koforidua Technical University.
Retirees were present with their spouses. And members in active service came in their numbers to grace the occasion.
The retirees are
1. Mr. David Nana Agyapong – General Studies Department (12th September 2020)
2. Rev. Ferdinand Owusu Otibu – General Studies Department (20th January 2021)
3. Dr. Frank Bamfo – Marketing Department (21st February 2021)
4. Dr. John Bonney – Mechanical Engineering Department (11th November 2020)
5. Dr. Alexander Opoku-Apau – Marketing Department ( 20th March 2020)
6. Mr. Ernest Fianko Quartey- Professional Studies Department (September 2018)
7. Engr. Gabriel Atter Tetteh-Kwao – Electrical/Electronics Department (19th October 2018)
8. Mr. Augustine Kwabena Tufuor – General Studies Department ( 3rd March 2020)
9. Mr. Philip Obeng-Okyere – Purchasing & Supply Science Department (26th February 2018)
As part of the package, retirees were treated at a lunch with the executives at the prestigious Eastern Premier Hotel, Koforidua and cheques containing undisclosed amount were presented to them.
The retirees could not hide their joy so expressed their appreciation to the entire membership and executives of the union.
Dr Frank Bamfo, who spoke on behalf the retirees, thanked the union, executives and members for the show of love. He assured the union that he and his colleagues are going to put their expertise at the disposal of every TUTAG member and he added that they are going to make use of the platform created for all TUTAG retirees to make themselves relevant to the course of the union.
The Chairman of the union, Dr Anthony Ayakwah expressed his gratitude to the retirees for the various roles they played during their active service to the union. He pledged that the union shall stand by its members whether or not on retirement.
Dr Ayakwah used the occasion to also thank the members for discussing and adopting new Welfare Policy presented by the union. He was optimistic that this new Welfare Policy is one move that is going to ensure that members go on retirement with very huge packages in the near future.
He wished the retirees well and requested them to always remember the union in their prayers.
Leave a Reply